Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Changing the MyGig System from “Day Mode” to “Night Mode”

Old 01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NormalJeep
Also, the RER is in use in other vehicles that have the auto light option. In these vehicles, myGIG would correctly adjust itself based on the lights.
Yeah, I guess it would be possible to rig up an ambient light sensor from one of those vehicles and activate the feature in the MyGig.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horwitzs
Yeah, I guess it would be possible to rig up an ambient light sensor from one of those vehicles and activate the feature in the MyGig.
Even on these vehicles the Mygig is triggered by the headlights. The ambient light sensor will turn the lights on and off, causing the Mygig to adjust, but if you are overriding your lights and turning them on manually then it will always be in night mode unless the brightness is adjusted on the stalk. If you want to have headlights on in the daytime and don't want to mess with this you could always get something like the Procal from AEV and set up day time running lights.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Even on these vehicles the Mygig is triggered by the headlights. The ambient light sensor will turn the lights on and off, causing the Mygig to adjust, but if you are overriding your lights and turning them on manually then it will always be in night mode unless the brightness is adjusted on the stalk. If you want to have headlights on in the daytime and don't want to mess with this you could always get something like the Procal from AEV and set up day time running lights.

X2 Your dealer should be able to set daytime running lights (DRL) up for you as well. It's simply a setting that can be changed with a dealer Starscan or Procal. That way you will never have to worry about it. As long as your ignition is on and your parking brake is released, your headlights will be on at 50% intensity.

But you may be one of those people who don't like DRL.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have played with the starscan tool and I never saw any setting in there about daytime running lights, even if you check with your insurance agent the vin typically tells them if a vehicle has sucha a safety feature such as that and it would be an auto discount on your policy.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
I have played with the starscan tool and I never saw any setting in there about daytime running lights, even if you check with your insurance agent the vin typically tells them if a vehicle has sucha a safety feature such as that and it would be an auto discount on your policy.
For the DRL your JK would need to come up as an export model when they plug it into the Star Scan (which is based on VIN). I don't think there is a way to change the way your JK would come up on the Star Scan, but you could use a programmer like the AEV to control DRL features.

Quick Reply: Changing the MyGig System from “Day Mode” to “Night Mode”