Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Changing the MyGig System from “Day Mode” to “Night Mode”

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing the MyGig System from “Day Mode” to “Night Mode”

In order for the MyGig Sysytem to switch between “Day Mode” and “Night Mode” I have to have the MyGig on “auto mode” and manually change it on the console dimmer which just doesn’t seem right to me.

The Dimmer modes are:

"Interior lights"
“Parade Mode” the brightest for the console lights and MyGig “Day Mode”.
“Night Mode”

Why even have an “auto mode” when I’m the auto.

I have a dash mounted Garmin that does it on its own.

Any suggestion on how to get it to switch without using the dimmer?

Thanks for the help,

-Freeman
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Set mygig to auto. Adjust the cabin dimmer to a dimmer setting. This should take care of it--at least it did on mine.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Mine will not change back unless I manually do it on the cabin dimmer.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummm, that's how it works. There's not any sort of sensor that tells it it's night or day.

You change the cabin dimmer, then it "automatically" changes the mygig from night to day or dims it.

the other way is to put it to manual, then it doesn't change at all when you change the cabin dimmer, you have to "manually" go into the mygig setting and change it from night to day.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Yes. That's my issue. "You" have to change it on the dimmer for it to change. Mygig doesn't automatically change when it's dark or light. Therefore what's the point of the "Auto Mode" it doesn't automatically do it itself?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it's dark outside and I'm going to drive my Jeep, I need the lights on to do so. When I turn the lights on, I have "pre-selected" what dimmer level I want for my instrument panel. In a response to that, the mygig automatically choses the same dimmer level (and/or night/day mode) that I have preselected. Pretty automatic. If it's light outside, I have no need to run with the lights on, bam, automatically the mygig choses the day mode.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Ok. I can see your point here.

In my case though I’m running lights during the day as well because it’s been raining so I’ve had to notch up because the MyGig can’t sense that it is daytime and go back to bright like a standard dash mounted Garmin seems to be able to.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Uhhh... maybe I am missing the point but mine changes to night (darker mygig screen with "night view" nav) when I turn on the headlights. Isn't this what you want?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I understand what you are wanting the display to do, unfortunately it won't change by itself according to ambient light or time of day.
It is working as designed and only responds to the lights & dimmer switch when in "auto" mode.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, the RER is in use in other vehicles that have the auto light option. In these vehicles, myGIG would correctly adjust itself based on the lights.

Quick Reply: Changing the MyGig System from “Day Mode” to “Night Mode”