Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

changing headlights with a winch bumper fitted

Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing headlights with a winch bumper fitted

Guys,

Can anyone help, one of my headlight bulb for the low low dip light and not the main headlight keeps going off and coming back so im thinking there is probably a loose connection. Before I had my winch bumper on it was pretty easy to change bulbs by opening the grill in the front but now with the winch bumper and winch it maynot be possible without taking the bumnper off, is there an easy way to do this so I can check for any loose connection and to be honest would be good to know, as if I ever need to change the bulbs on the headlight it will be good to know how to do it....where could this loose connection possibly be as the housing for the bulbs are quite firm and locked in...????
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can break off the lower mounts of the front fascia to make it easier to remove, in theory the bumper will not let it fall off.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need to remove the grille to change the headlamp bulbs. On the pass side, remove the bolt holding the steering reservoir and move it aside. On the driver side, I believe I loosened the horn to make some more room.

My grille has never been off and I even installed an HID conversion kit.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys really appreciate the help!

Quick Reply: changing headlights with a winch bumper fitted