Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Change front speakers

Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change front speakers

WAnt to change out front speakers and any info on where to start do I have to take the whole dash apart can only see the screws on the bottom it's a 08 jk
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do an Amazon search for 77kick10. This is the Mopar upgrade speaker kit. You can download the instructions for replacing the front speakers. They are very clear and straight forward. Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jennythejeep
WAnt to change out front speakers and any info on where to start do I have to take the whole dash apart can only see the screws on the bottom it's a 08 jk
Start by pulling down the piece under the steering column and then pulling out (top first) then that exposes a couple 7 mm skrews. It's pretty self explanatory after that.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

I cannot find the instructions on amazon c all the other info
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look it up on Quadretec's sight under the same 77kick10. I just checked and the instructions are there for sure.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Kool thanx
Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jennythejeep
While changing out the speakers will help some, if you just have the standard HU, you will not really see a lot of improvement. The stock HU just does not have enough power to make any good speaker sound good. For the best result, need to switch out the HU and the speakers. Then if you really want to get some great sound, you will have to add an amp, etc. May sound like a big job but with a little work it can be done. I am big on keeping my 2011 JK as close to the factory look on the inside while still upgrading components and I was able to do just that.

Quick Reply: Change front speakers