Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

CB's

Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB's

Thinking of installing a CB soon , if you guys can point me in the right direction for what CB to purchase and antenna and antenna mount and as well as pictures of where to mount the CB it would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Totally in the wrong section , thought I clicked The CB section how do I got about fixing this ?!?!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

About the location of the thread- the mods will probably move it within a few days.

About the CB- check out the package from Cool Tech. It is the Cobra 75. All the controls are on the mic itself. Most people just zip tie the unit inside the glove box and the package comes with a mount for your mic on the side of the radio. This kit comes with the radio, a mount for the mic, a 4' firestik, an antenna mount that goes on the license plate, and a coax cable. Pretty much everything you need for 200 bucks. I priced a lot of it out on Amazon and you will spend more or less the same within like 20 bucks. This just gets it all at once and has all the instructions you will need.

And this is only what I have read on here and on Cool Tech's site. I have not got it yet, but I will be getting it soon I expect.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cooltech package is great. I tried a couple other setups to begin with but ended up going with exactly what comes in the cooltech kit. I should have done that to start with...I would have saved myself some money.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

I'm liking the glove box idea , I'll have to check this package out and let you guys know what I think anyone else though ?!?!