Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Carr Light Bar

Old 10-04-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only see having the ability to turn it down for people with 6, or 8" lights to be able to flip the bar and fit into a garage.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
Other than for looks... what's the point of being able to turn it down? I could see with some big ass lights that arn't protected in anyway (which would look gay btw), but with a very slim LED setup like that?

Sorry, but I don't see the value in that. Other than for how it looks. As for adjusting the lights... if they're aimed right, you don't need to adjust them.
Turning it because no one makes the covers for it and I was stopped by police (California law) I don't know about other states.
Mine cover everything in front of me and I can adjust the LED to my liking on the trail. Personal choice
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by taher
Turning it because no one makes the covers for it and I was stopped by police (California law) I don't know about other states.
Mine cover everything in front of me and I can adjust the LED to my liking on the trail. Personal choice
Wow, you got pulled over for lights not being covered? Wow. What happened? I want lots of lights, but I'm not sure about the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law. Sometimes (fine, most of the time) I hate living in CA.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OnBelay
Wow, you got pulled over for lights not being covered? Wow. What happened? I want lots of lights, but I'm not sure about the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law. Sometimes (fine, most of the time) I hate living in CA.
This is the Law in CA
Lights mounted above 42" are considered "off road" lights and must be covered in the State of California.

Quick Reply: Carr Light Bar