Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Car wash and Windshield light

Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I would have lights pointing in every direction, if I went through the car wash. I hand wash mine at the end of every work week, spray WD-40 under the wheel wells, back to black on the bumpers and fenders, and shes a good poser for another week.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Glades Runner
I think I would have lights pointing in every direction, if I went through the car wash. I hand wash mine at the end of every work week, spray WD-40 under the wheel wells, back to black on the bumpers and fenders, and shes a good poser for another week.
Which light bar is that? And what does the wd-40 do under there for you?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

I know the light bar came from Quadratec, but I dont know the exact name of it because I bought it off Craigslist. The WD-40 keeps everything under the fender wells looking black and clean. Sometimes I do my rear axle and diff also.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bgniko
Yes it does seem really solid. Mount is not the issue. Just worried about lights. Wiring is short and secured. I guess it off to the carwash for me. Lol!
Hella Black Magic = Solid

Big friggin pine tree branch = More Solid

Not a car wash, but the effect might be the same. Light itself broke right around where it bolts to the mount.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK_R&D
Maybe use a touchless carwash, just to be safe. I'd never use a carwash with the old style brushes, theyre horrible for paint, antennaes, mirrors, etc. I use the touchless all the time, and never had any issues with my lights
X2 touchless is the way to go even if u gotta drive cross town
Old 01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X3 touchless is the away to go, the one here in town has jets that wash the under side of my rig. Great for after muddin

Quick Reply: Car wash and Windshield light