Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Canadian truck lite'rs. how do drl work

Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what you do you will most likely need an AEV procal. I dont think that the trucklite harness will stop the drl flicker because the drl signal is sent over the high beam wire but at half voltage. The procal is the best way to have properly functioning day time running lights set to your fog lights or front turn signals.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

They barely flicker with the new truck lite harness on. Not enough to worry about. They do not flicker at all when the lights are on. Have to say. They are awesome.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
If they don't just turn off your drl's I have been drl free for 2 years now with no problems with the RCMP in both BC and Alberta.
And how do I do this? I'm having the same issue. Just installed tL's and the DRL strobe is a nuisance.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAlbertaJK
And how do I do this? I'm having the same issue. Just installed tL's and the DRL strobe is a nuisance.
Either using a procal, or I believe superchips has that option now too, not sure if any other tuners have it but for the cost of the procal it is real easy and inexpensive.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NAlbertaJK
DRLs on the JK (at least those in Canada) is actually the high beams. I'm running my TLs though the Rallylights H4 harness. So no flicker. I have a procal, and if I'd kept my Hella headlights, I would have moved the DRLs to the turn signals. But with the TLs I'll leave them. I always run with my headlights on anyway.

Quick Reply: Canadian truck lite'rs. how do drl work