Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

can i wire PIAA's on to the factory fog light wiring

Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i wire PIAA's on to the factory fog light wiring

I am replacing my front bumper with a Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper, it has no factory fog lights location with the new bumper.

My question is if i have a set of PIAA driving lights(510)

Can i just attach to the existing factory fog lights wiring when i remove them with the original front bumper?? Effectively replacing the Factory Fog lights with the piaas.....just the lights not the wiring.

Any help would be great i wasnt able to find specifics in the forums thus far but ill keep looking.....

Thanks ALL

:P
Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BCSlayerJK
I am replacing my front bumper with a Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper, it has no factory fog lights location with the new bumper.

My question is if i have a set of PIAA driving lights(510)
Can i just attach to the existing factory fog lights wiring when i remove them with the original front bumper?? Effectively replacing the Factory Fog lights with the piaas.....just the lights not the wiring.
Any help would be great i wasnt able to find specifics in the forums thus far but ill keep looking.....
Thanks ALL
:P

Yep
Nice and easy we did it using piaa fogs but the wiring is the same! I'll see if I have some pics I can post up.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Yep
Nice and easy we did it using piaa fogs but the wiring is the same! I'll see if I have some pics I can post up.
There is no Voltage or Draw Differences that will frap out a computer or turn my jeep into a rolling bonfire? And it will work the same as the factory fogs??
Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

i had to add a silenoid, there is a write up on it, there is a change in wattage. I run mine off my factory fog light switch.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We installed the fogs so there isn't much difference between the oem and the piaa's a couple of friends did driving lights one was HID which is low draw but the other is plain driving lights and no issues. I'll be the first to admit I'm no electrican so you might want to throw a meter on it if you are worried.

When wired up to the existing oem fog wires they will go on and off as the factory fogs once did. Pretty straight forward and easy way to replace the fogs lost when the new bumper got installed.

Quick Reply: can i wire PIAA's on to the factory fog light wiring