Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Can Bus Stereo Wires??

Old 03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Bus Stereo Wires??

Ok, I see that we have 2 Can Bus wires attached to the head unit (any model) and also there are 2 connected to the amp, so my question is this....

If I do not have the factory harness for the amp, could I just splice the Can Bus wires from the head unit and hook to the amp?

I had the stock 1 disc and no amp, and put a factory 6 disc on the factory 1 disc head unit harness and it works fine, now i want to hook up the amp, but don't know much about the Can Bus system and if splicing the wires will hurt it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

no harness for the amp, that is why I am asking if I can just splice the 2 can bus wires that are in the harness for the head unit. I have the wiring diagrams and everything from the Tech. Manual.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I was looking at the post where the dude hooked up a LCD display to his head unit, and saw that he just pushed the wires onto the pins in the back, and I tested this last night and it seems to work fairly well. So my plan is to run a fused power lead straight from the battery, and ground to chassis, then cut the wires from the head unit harness to get what i need to run to and from them. Like i'll have to run the left and right audio out from the head unit to the amp, then the amp'd speaker wires from amp back to the wires in the head units harness (since they go to the speakers) then tap into the Can Bus wires from head unit and run to amp, then run amp'd sub output to the sub. (I bought the complete Premium system) and as long as the Can Bus stuff works, It should all be fine. oh, and I have to make a bracket for the amp, since I didn't get that either...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Where can get those? I went to a car audio store, electronics store, radio shack, and no one had anything I found that would fit? what does fit also is a jumper from a motherboard, like put one end on the pin with the other end on the outside, and slide a solid wire down the other end, but I thought the jumper wasn't thick enough to handle the output. but If your way works, I'd rather do that then just shoving a wire down on the pin.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CaniBus wires???????
Old 03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
CaniBus wires???????
I think that is what they were smoking when they designed it
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
pm me your address ill send you some
I just re-read your post, I think I know what you are talking about, you mean just regular conectors that are on most speaker wires and stuff, and then just cut the bottom piece in half.... hmm.. i'll try that.

pm sent anyway, but if that is what you are talking about, then I have a bunch of those, so you don't need to mail them to me.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

alright spent all night and just pushing the wires on didn't work, cutting a regular female connector in half didn't work (they were way too close together) so i pretty much spliced everything, then had to try to un F*** what I just F***ed up... but while un-F'ing my work, I decided to try to run the front and back speakers off the front out, since people were complaining about the soundbar not getting as loud, and well... i don't think it sounds as good... so i'll have to un-F that as well, haha... i guess i'll have to either get a real female connector that goes into the two openings on the amp, or try something else, maybe wire another amp just to the rear out and run the sub from that... oh well, another wasted night playing with the stereo...

any idea what type of bolt is supposed to hold the sub in? I see 3 holes that are like Hexagon shaped, but no threads, and no place to put a nut on the other side??
Old 03-23-2007, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Dealer said the the chasis side harness is all built into the main wiring harness for the whole dash, and that you can not peice it out, I'd have to buy it all. but after my frustration the last few nights, this may not be a bad idea... but I think the CAN bus wires didn't work right just splicing them, b/c when i hooked my battery back up, the horn beeped. so who knows, it could have been that by me trying to slide the wires on the pins, maybe they were not hooked up correctly, or maybe they were touching the ground wire beside them.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 AM
RLandis

my hat is off to any of you who can understand this thread, because I might as well be reading the Bible backwards, and in Chinese, leaving out every other word.

Quick Reply: Can Bus Stereo Wires??