Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Camshaft positioning Sensor PO340

Old 10-06-2022, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft positioning Sensor PO340

So I’ve been fighting camshaft sensor issues for a while now as I can see many others do. Replaced it 3 times, replaced pigtail, dielectric grease on the contact points, new wire insulation which has come loose due to heat ruining the electrical tape replaced an injector due to a separate issue and all spark plugs along with spark plug wires, and the coil pack. So first time was back in June and after my trouble shooting my mechanic found that the wheel speed sensor in the driver side wheel bearing had gone bad and that was actually the cause of the issue. This fixed it from then until today.
my question is, has anyone had this issue with wheel bearings and the sensors causing this issue because when I got my new tires mounted the guy that did it said he thought the rear bearings were going bad as well which is very possible and I’m willing to go that route. I’ve also changed the temp gauge in the radiator as a side hope that’d fix this issue.

Quick Reply: Camshaft positioning Sensor PO340