Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Calling all Nexus 7 owners that use it for jerping.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic Blue
But HOW????? I can only get it to capture two variables and only for 30 seconds. Wtf?!?!?!?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Using the plugin "Track Recorder", Torque Pro will record your set parameters (e.g. speed, rpm, temps, whatever) against a map and/or video of your drive and then save it for review.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...recorder&hl=en
Old 01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure out how to add things to be logged. Gunna try it out then repost.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can log data and email the log to me. But cant get fuel pressure, oil temp or transmission temp to log ot even show up on dials.

Thoughts?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I can log data and email the log to me. But cant get fuel pressure, oil temp or transmission temp to log ot even show up on dials.

Thoughts?

Not sure that fuel pressure and oil temp are reported over the CAN bus. Even if they are, it is possible that the PID codes aren't present in Torque Pro (there are ways to add manually, if you have the right info). As for tranny temp, I haven't done it with the Jeep (I have a six speed), but with my son-in-law's Ford pickup it was necessary for us to turn on the brand-specific PID codes. At main menu select the settings icon (lower left corner). Then select "Settings". Scroll down and select "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors". Mine shows three Chrysler/Jeep methods. Try each one and see what new monitoring options you get.

Oh, and if you figure out how to get oil temp, please let us know. That would be very nice.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 12 six speed. I did find on the wrangler forum I think someone had several different PIDs posted but dont want to mess something up with the wrong one. Is that possible?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I have a 12 six speed. I did find on the wrangler forum I think someone had several different PIDs posted but dont want to mess something up with the wrong one. Is that possible?

I don't know. LOL. I guess you could always uninstall it and reinstall, if something got messed up. Go ahead: You try it and tell me how it works out. LOL.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

To my knowledge, we cannot view tranny temp in the manuals since there isn't a sensor (unless I am missing it on mine?). The early autos (not the 12's) needed to have the HOTOIL recall done to turn on the PID for it to even be accessible.

Just info from the google's, obviously YMMV.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by karls
To my knowledge, we cannot view tranny temp in the manuals since there isn't a sensor (unless I am missing it on mine?). The early autos (not the 12's) needed to have the HOTOIL recall done to turn on the PID for it to even be accessible.

Just info from the google's, obviously YMMV.
I believe you're correct on this. It would be nice to have engine oil temp, but suspect there's also not a sensor for that. Hmm. I have a spare port on my oil filter spacer. Now just to find a place for the gauge ...
Old 01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Junkie

Right next to the driver's side tweeter. I'm sure you've been around long enough (longer than most kool-aid consumers here) to remember Echo? I believe he had an oil pressure gauge up there. He also has other gauges over top of the speedo.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by karls
Right next to the driver's side tweeter. I'm sure you've been around long enough (longer than most kool-aid consumers here) to remember Echo? I believe he had an oil pressure gauge up there. He also has other gauges over top of the speedo.
Got the pressure gauge already covered ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140115_161149.jpg
Views:	4588
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	523890

Quick Reply: Calling all Nexus 7 owners that use it for jerping.