Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

A/c problems

Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c problems

First time I've posted, hope I posted in the correct spot. I have a 2012 sport I purchased new and currently have 3500 miles on it, I've noticed occasionally when running the a/c on high, it will cut off and stop blowing for approx 3-4 sec then start back. Also, a possibly seperate or related issue, the recirculating switches itself on and off, sometimes the indicator light changes with it but for the most part, it doesn't. I mainly run my a/c on fresh air, keeping the cab pressurized. When pressurized running down the road, the soft top stays pressed out from the pressure, but recently it's not pressurizing as well and sometimes not at all, obviously when it's changing itself back to recirculation. My local dealer has never heard of this problem.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

If I didn't confuse anybody to badly, I would appreciate any help or info on how to fix my problem. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Here's a video of the problem in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnCSo...e_gdata_player
Old 06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Mine does the same thing 2,700 miles
Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same exact AC problem in our 2012 JK Sport

We have experienced the same exact AC problem your described on our 2012 Sport with 4K miles on it. Took it to the dealership and they are replacing the AC control unit. They must be aware of this issue because it did not take them long to decide to replace the control unit.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This past week when temps were in the high 90s & 100+, my AC fan started making this really loud sequel. I'll need to take it in soon.

Quick Reply: A/c problems