Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

A/C Electrical Issue

Old 08-10-2024, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C Electrical Issue

I have a 2010 Wrangler 2 Door JK that has an A/C electrical issue. All of a sudden it stopped working. If I apply 12 volts to the compressor it will turn on and blow cold air. I changed the climate control switch panel, thermostat and pressure switch and still can't get it to work. I can turn the A/C compressor on and have cold air by using an OBD2 diagnostic scan tool that will allow me to toggle the compressor on/off. I am thrown for a loop because I can control the compressor using the scan tool. Could the TIPM A/C circuit still be bad even though I can operate the compressor using the scan tool? Any help would be much appreciated.
Scratching my head,
Jason
Old 08-10-2024, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Could be the evaporator temperature probe gone south which is located in behind the center vertical panel attached to the side of the evaporator. Stops the thing from icing up. It is obvious you have enough refrigerant in there as you report it gets cold. Other thing could be the pressure switch gone south. Those can be replaced without discharging the system as they have a check valve beneath the switch. Not sure where it is on yours but follow the lines near the front condenser and you will see it.
Old 08-11-2024, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Could be the evaporator temperature probe gone south which is located in behind the center vertical panel attached to the side of the evaporator. Stops the thing from icing up. It is obvious you have enough refrigerant in there as you report it gets cold. Other thing could be the pressure switch gone south. Those can be replaced without discharging the system as they have a check valve beneath the switch. Not sure where it is on yours but follow the lines near the front condenser and you will see it.

thanks for replying but I already replaced all those items and having the same issue. My question was could the tipm ac circuit be bad even though I can toggle the a/c on and off with my scan tool.

Quick Reply: A/C Electrical Issue