Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

bunch of snow and no play!! :(

Old 01-29-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bunch of snow and no play!! :(

wuts up homies .... im here in missouri and finally got sum snow for the first time with me owning my jk figured id terrorize the streets..lol .... but had a problem slidin it .... even with the esp turned off, when the rear end slides sideways somethin activates the front brakes .... i was wonderin if anyone has bypassed the braking system to where i can whip the back end around and do sum donuts .... so if anyone knows how id appreciate it ...thnx
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try this it will disable it completey then it should be fun

1. turn jeep on
2. set to 4hi
3. set parking brake
4. make sure steering wheel is centered
5. turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
try this it will disable it completey then it should be fun

1. turn jeep on
2. set to 4hi
3. set parking brake
4. make sure steering wheel is centered
5. turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off

Seriously ? Is this documented in the owner's manual ?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup it is in the manual . you can also turn it back on this way

Quick Reply: bunch of snow and no play!! :(