Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Building JL audio stealthbox clone

Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building JL audio stealthbox clone

Does anyone out there have the JL Audio stealthbox that wouldn't mind making a very detailed drawing of it for me, I would like to build
It and save myself some money. $700 is just too much to drop on a sub box when I could build it myself for waaaayyyy less with all the specs. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

700$... For the 2 Dr model? They're fiberglass enclosures either way but there's plenty of tutorials about fiberglass enclosures, and from what I saw it didn't look too hard, just time consuming but audio shops will charge you more for the enclosure than jl does. I personally got a sweet deal on a 15" and am gonna try to fit it over the wheel hump in my jku, most likely wood but unsure.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took out the factory sub and used it as a mold and foundation for a custom enclosure that I made out of fiberglass. It holds a shallow mount 10" sub powered by a 300 watt amp both R Fosgate. It takes up a bit more room than the factory sub but maybe only a half a cubic foot. Otherwise the underfloor storage works perfectly and it matches the interior pretty well. Including Linex, I have about $55 of material costs and about 10 hours of labor. The photo shows some reflection off the Linex, but it is not that reflective without the flash.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-51265742.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	405451  

Quick Reply: Building JL audio stealthbox clone