Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

broken headlight connector (flickering headlight)

Old 12-08-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken headlight connector (flickering headlight)

so i am not sure when it happened but one of my headlight connecters snapped making the connection not stay tight. i have zip tied it and its worked for a while but now it seems to be happening more often making my truck lite flicker.

besides cutting the connector and wiring it directly to the light is there anything else i can do? will putting dielectric grease make it seal better?

thanks for any tips. sick of taking grill off and on to tighten my problematic light
Old 12-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would just replace the connector. Until then, the dielectric grease and some electrical tape will help.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you find a website or someone to buy that H11 female connector let me know, I broke mine as well. I have had no luck finding one.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvis
If you find a website or someone to buy that H11 female connector let me know, I broke mine as well. I have had no luck finding one.
There is a website I've seen in the past that sells the connectors. However, you'd require whatever specialty crimp tools are used (connectors are never soldered because it's a production delay, and because soldered connections are not as reliable as crimped). Here's a better solution ...

LAMP SOCKET ASSEMBLIES - MOPAR LAMP SOCKETS - The Repair Connector Store
Old 12-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

He has truck lites, so best to contact them about just getting a replacement. They may even warranty it..
Old 12-09-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
He has truck lites, so best to contact them about just getting a replacement. They may even warranty it..
He wrote that, didn't he? LOL. Yes, many businesses would provide something small like that for free.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guys yes I have trucklites but my connector that's broke is the stock jeep connector. I dug up an old thread and saw some for sale on summit racing but I wasn't sure if that was the correct connector. Also yes I wouldn't know how to crimp the wires in.

Quick Reply: broken headlight connector (flickering headlight)