Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Brighter Matching Headlight & Foglight Bulbs?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brighter Matching Headlight & Foglight Bulbs?

I'm looking to get my factory fogs a bit brighter and also get them to match my headlights perfectly. I saw a Silver JK here in So Cal the other night that had exactly this but was on the freeway and no way to track him down.

I currently have the Hella Vision Plus Lamps with H4 bulbs. Any ideas?

It looks lime Delta offers upgraded fogs and headlights that I would think would match.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Not many light mod guys on here I guess...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on installing HIDs in my headlamps and fog lights tomorrow, both 4500k. Everything was $100 from DDM tuning here in San Diego. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet! Take pics!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aermotor
I'm looking to get my factory fogs a bit brighter and also get them to match my headlights perfectly. I saw a Silver JK here in So Cal the other night that had exactly this but was on the freeway and no way to track him down.

I currently have the Hella Vision Plus Lamps with H4 bulbs. Any ideas?

It looks lime Delta offers upgraded fogs and headlights that I would think would match.
Silverstars!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Castalone
I'm planning on installing HIDs in my headlamps and fog lights tomorrow, both 4500k. Everything was $100 from DDM tuning here in San Diego. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Good luck with not blinding people to death HIDs in stock reflectors are a bad idea.

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Silverstars!
Been there tried that, still quite too dull for me
Old 02-09-2011, 01:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Contact Northridge4x4 and ask David for a pair of IPF headlights. You can chose the color of bulb, but neither color matches the stock fog lights. So, throw away the (very expensive) bulbs he supplies you (or sell them or give them away) and replace them with the cheapest Sylvania bulbs--$20 for the pair. Perfect match for the stock fog lamps in color, and a beautiful beam pattern. Not as white as the lights David supplies with the IPFs, but much easier to see the road (I've compared driving side-by-side with the blue bulbs he offers). And, once you have this upgrade, you'll find that your fog lights don't add much that the low beams aren't already illuminating. Which is the way it should be (it shouldn't be necessary to run fogs and main HLs simultaneously--rather defeats the purpose of fog lights!). BTW: Your total cost will be about $200 (not counting what you sell those other bulbs for).

Quick Reply: Brighter Matching Headlight & Foglight Bulbs?