Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Boss head-unit not paying sound through speakers

Old 05-26-2023, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boss head-unit not paying sound through speakers

I have recently replaced my stock headunit with a boss headunit and now I can not get any sound through my speakers. I put back in the stock heady it and it works perfectly fine. I have the infinity sound system.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 405 Likes on 380 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. Good friendly knowledgeable group. Note your on a 2012 .. I still run the OEM unit and could only guess; given the OEM works there must be a wiring set up difference with Boss - suggest contact BOSS about your situation.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will most likely need an appropriate CAN decoder and wiring harness, especially if you have a factory amplifier, or you will need to bypass the factory amplifier. The factory audio system is integrated into the BCM and communicates via CAN network, so an aftermarket head unit will not work without the correct decoder or bypassing factory wiring.

Quick Reply: Boss head-unit not paying sound through speakers