Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Boss audio 7" touchscreen

Old 11-19-2011, 05:28 AM
t78
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boss audio 7" touchscreen

Does anyone have one of these radios? How do you like it?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

boss is not really on the top of my list for just about anything. i've used their amp and i know people who have used their head units and i don't think there is anything good to report. amazon has some great deals on pioneer and alpine units under 600 with warranty and you know they're quality.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM
t78
JK Newbie

I ride topless alot and I dont wanna throw awau alot if money when the radio gets damp
Old 11-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

You pretty much get what you pay for with car audio...or anything really
Old 11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
You pretty much get what you pay for with car audio...or anything really
Not necessarily. Mac PCs are overpriced despite not being better than Windows PCs. Some winches are way overpriced for their real performance, etc. Same with electronics. I own a Cowon media player that makes many circles around any iThing you throw at it and it is way less expensive. So, the same could apply to car stereos. I do not know that brand but would not discard it just on price. ;-)
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

ive dealt with alot of car audio and when it comes to head units stick to the mainstream brands or u will regreat it. as far as touch screens go i would put alpine and jvc on top
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoever said Mac pc..... Hahahahaha

But stay away from boss... If you have an iPhone check out the new pioneer app head unit... That is what I will be ordering soon. There I an eBay store that sells car audio stuff really cheap, includes all wiring and instal brackets.. It's called sonic something il look it up when I get home.. But they ship really fast too!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geeze another apple hater !!!

Boss is an audio provider for cars that's actually been around awhile but provided lower priced lower quality audio products.

Will it work ? Yes but depending on the price difference a hundred or so more might get you much more quality.

Yes a Mac in consumer reports ran windows vista and 7 more stable and faster than a pc
Old 11-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick

Not necessarily. Mac PCs are overpriced despite not being better than Windows PCs. Some winches are way overpriced for their real performance, etc. Same with electronics. I own a Cowon media player that makes many circles around any iThing you throw at it and it is way less expensive. So, the same could apply to car stereos. I do not know that brand but would not discard it just on price. ;-)
Well I do know about boss products. They are cheap and low quality. They don't sound good and don't last
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Buy a marine stereo they are made to be in wet locations and take a beating. Same brands make em for decent prices mine has lasted 6 years in a seadoo jet boat that gets thrashed and soaked every year

Quick Reply: Boss audio 7" touchscreen