Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bluetooth question

Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth question

Pretty basic question....I cant get the BT in my jeep to work. I have an 07 JK and an Iphone. For some reason I cant get it to work. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to activate anything to get it to work???
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you install the hands free kit/mic to activate it?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jgmz82 OIIIIIO
Pretty basic question....I cant get the BT in my jeep to work. I have an 07 JK and an Iphone. For some reason I cant get it to work. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have to activate anything to get it to work???
Be sure to activate the Bluetooth on your phone under the Settings/General application. When I connected mine it almost did it all by itself once the phone bluetooth was turned on. There is a little more to it than that but is all very simple and voice prompts from the UCONNECT. If you have the manual that came with the Jeep it explains it all in very easy steps.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

If you have a mygig you will need to update the software on the mygig. It is a known problem and the update addresses it. Search the forum. There is a long thread with good instructions
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

It is not activated from the factory. It wasn't available for wranglers in that year. You would have to buy a mic and get the radio activated by the dealer.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth question