Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

bluetooth chip in radio

Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth chip in radio

I was wondering if anyone knows about getting a possible chip or something into the wrangler x radio to utilize the bluetooth capabiltiy on the radio let me know.

thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't quote me on this but I think that is in the mirror that they convinently did not install on wranglers. I do not think the radio has bluetooth built in it. I think that it just hooks up to the mirror that has the quick connect feature built in. I also think that I have seen a few of these mirrors for sale on ebay.

I know that is a lot of thinking but just trying to help..
Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a module that you have to install to the radio and then the dealer has to add your vin# to it and then go through starscan to upload to your vehicle ...but it is only if your dealer is willing ! There was a TSB telling dealerships this will not work in Wranglers and they are told not to install....although if you do a search on uconnect you will find a lengthy dose of posts that have had it done and say that it works great...I myself have bought the module and tried to have my dealership get it working and they could not ...but I think it was because they skipped a step in the process. The module I purchased was from mopar and cost $216.00 and comes with a mic the whole set up just plugs into the facdory radio.....but there are also conditions on which radio's it will work with...do the search and you will get all the info needed.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do a search for uconnect.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No chip needed... it's already there.... You need software and a mic.... There are quite a few options out there for getting it to work, but your best bet is to do a search.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't upgrade to a MYGIG I just swapped it out for a radio that has a blutooth built in allready, as a bonus it also comes with 7" touch screen monitor CD / DVD player I connect for an IPOD that you can controle by the screen, XM ready, and he phonebook is also uploaded onto the radio as well.

Quick Reply: bluetooth chip in radio