Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bluetooth Audio Possible with Mygig?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth Audio Possible with Mygig?

Yes I did search and could not find anything... is that a required disclaimer these days

I just rented a mazda 3 for a week. This car was actually able to play music from my iphone through the car system using the blue tooth connection. I found this to be awesome as the radio signal where I was at was aweful.

Is this possible for a JK that has the MyGIG with navigation. I currently use my bluetooth feature to talk on the phone through the sound system...but never tried to get the JK to play my music on my iphone through the BT. I just cannot believe that a Mazda 3 can do this and the JK cannot....but I might be wrong!

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have another vehicle that does play music through Bluetooth and it is great. Unfortunately Mygig can not do this yet. Hopefully an update will address this sooner than later.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by petenice15
I have another vehicle that does play music through Bluetooth and it is great. Unfortunately Mygig can not do this yet. Hopefully an update will address this sooner than later.
thanks for the input!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

agreed, would be nice once that feature is enabled. Especially with 4G coming out soon in some select areas, streaming Pandora, or whatever online you prefer, will be a huge improvement over FM. Sometimes, I almost prefer Pandora over XM... but XM will work even when cell signal is out... but it is another option (if they do enable BT streaming)
Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk about the bluetooth idea, but what i do if i want with my droid is use the jack on front of radio and connect to headphone jack of phone. works perfectly!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
idk about the bluetooth idea, but what i do if i want with my droid is use the jack on front of radio and connect to headphone jack of phone. works perfectly!
Yeah I use my Iphone the same way....but wireless is where its at and BT is so much easier...and no wires hanging all over the dash!!!!!

Thanks for input though! Looks like I am waiting like the rest of you for them to upgrade Mygig to stream audion through BT.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Additionally, with most BT audio devices, you can do basic controls of your smartphone's music player, so you can stop/start music, skip to next song, etc. It may not sound like a big deal (it didn't to me at first), but believe me it makes it SO much nicer to not have to try and fumble around with the touch screen, especially in a bouncy jeep.

I had just added a Kenwood headunit to my TJ before I traded it in, and now I am wishing I had pulled it and put it in my JK instead of fumbling around with cords and then taking eyes off the road to skip songs on my Droid...
Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Me, personally, have not found the benefit to streaming music to my car radio from my phone, particularly one that has a 30GB hard drive to store MP3s and/or can accept an iPod. Primarily because my phone's battery is a very precious resource, and running it down like that seems like a bad idea. I bought a cheap 120GB iPod on eBay and leave it permanently in my car. I have more music than I would ever want to hear. With Sirius XM radio on top of that, I have plenty of content...

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Audio Possible with Mygig?