Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Blinker/brake light isn't working but running light is.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker/brake light isn't working but running light is.

The driver rear blinker and brake light won't blink or light up when I brake. When I turn the left turn signal on, it does the fast blink indicating a dead bulb. The running light still turns on though. I have removed the light and the bulb looks fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Old 10-26-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its obvious, your blinker fluid is low! I kid I kid! In all seriousness though, have you checked your relay?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012whiteJKU
The driver rear blinker and brake light won't blink or light up when I brake. When I turn the left turn signal on, it does the fast blink indicating a dead bulb. The running light still turns on though. I have removed the light and the bulb looks fine. Any ideas what could be wrong?
A bulb can look good and still be burned out. Could also be the brake/directional filament contacts are not making good contact in the socket.

Originally Posted by agentjohnson
Its obvious, your blinker fluid is low! I kid I kid! In all seriousness though, have you checked your relay?
No relays involved with the JK directionals/stop lights.

Quick Reply: Blinker/brake light isn't working but running light is.