Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Black Oak LEDs

Old 12-02-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[FONT=tahoma]Has anyone ever purchased and used LED lighting from Black Oak?

I read a lot of good stuff about Rigid but these guys seem to be making very high quality stuff for a slightly lesser price. I'm looking to buy some 2x2 lights as well as a 20" light bar and want good stuff. Obviously I don't want to just pay for a brand though.

Anyone have experience with them? Opinions on Black Oak vs Rigid?

Last edited by Ryan0260; 12-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than their name on them which is lame anyway, I don't really see a difference the off brand ones on Amazon that sell for almost $1 an inch lol.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any experience with them but I do have experience with the lights that I have if you're looking for something cheaper but still Made In USA. I have a Bulldog 50", 20", and two sets of spikes on my Jeep and they have been great, plus they come with a lifetime warranty so I'm not worried if anything does happen.

I know a big point on my list was the warranty, most of these lights on Amazon don't have very long warranties
Old 12-06-2015, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal
Has anyone ever purchased and used LED lighting from Black Oak? blackoakled.com

I read a lot of good stuff about Rigid but these guys seem to be making very high quality stuff for a slightly lesser price. I'm looking to buy some 2x2 lights as well as a 20" light bar and want good stuff. Obviously I don't want to just pay for a brand though.

Anyone have experience with them? Opinions on Black Oak vs Rigid?
I talked to them for a good bit on the phone cyber monday, what I found out is they have been in the LED lighting business for 5+ years. Recently they got into off road lighting OCT of this year. From all the looking I've done they seem to be on par with Rigid but without the branded price hike. Obviously I can't say a whole lot until I get them in, but from the videos on you tube. They look to be built to a higher standard IP69 not IP 67 like most knock off Amazon brands. I like that they are US assembled for QC, I know they source parts mostly from the UK. One of the reasons I ordered was the ability to customize your order. I started out with 2 of there cubes, but went with 3 Watt cree's in Amber to use as fogs. That's not just a lense you slap on but actual amber led's, though the also have cover if you want to go that route as well. Something pretty much no other company offers. You have the option to change between 3w,5w,10w bulbs and also 4 different lense types. They also come with a full harness for the price, which is in the middle of the Rigid and Amazon/Ebay stuff. I was close to pulling the trigger on some cheap Amazon lights, but ran across these guy on youtube. My lights since they were a custom build had a two week leed time, I'm hoping they are as good as they seem. Once I get them mounted I'll throw up some night time pics. Before you guys compare these to Amazon/ebay lights you should take the time to do a moment of research.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 12-07-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

I'm new to the Wrangler world so do your homework. I just bought a package from Lifetime LED lights for my A pillar. Do to the flu there still sitting on my desk. However my buddy has a set and really likes them. Just an option.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Ryan0260; 12-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Take a look at Inspired Engineering. They are a sponsor here and have great lights at a good price, and come with a lifetime warranty. Tons of good reviews on their products.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Take a look at Inspired Engineering. They are a sponsor here and have great lights at a good price, and come with a lifetime warranty. Tons of good reviews on their products.

I agree very nice products and Sami is very good at helping you get the right product for your need!

Quick Reply: Black Oak LEDs