Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

The Black Box our new JKs have

Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Air bags, ECMS, ESP braking, what the heck is all this crap? Jeeps should be exempt from all these features including catalytic converters! Well thats my opinion anyway, I had a 1979 CJ7 and I LOVED that thing. If the body hadn't been rusted out (and that 57 chevy hadn't been for sale) I swear I would still have that thing. With a Gear Vendor overdrive, A/C added, some 3:73's and maybe a coil spring conversion. My new JK is the perfect Jeep for me save a few mods I plan on doing and the fact that I'm paranoid about having all this electronic crapola on a vehicle I plan on wheeling in. Don't wanna slide off into a rock and get smacked in the face with an airbag...that would suck not to mention cost more to fix than it should. CJ versus rock...maybe a new bumper. JK versus rock...who knows!!! DC and the government should get together and make a "back to basics" Jeep. A/C is really the only creature comfort I want.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
Don't wanna slide off into a rock and get smacked in the face with an airbag...that would suck not to mention cost more to fix than it should.
Haha - well you could alway put on an aftermarket steering wheel, less airbag... your passenger would still be screwed tho.

Quick Reply: The Black Box our new JKs have