Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: What products would you like to see from us?
More HIDs
9.23%
More LEDs
29.23%
Cheaper HIDs
10.77%
Cheaper LEDs
61.54%
Round LED Lights
21.54%
Halogen Lights
0%
Custom Fit Lights
9.23%
Retrofit Lights
9.23%
Rock/Area Lighting
24.62%
Creative Light Mounts
21.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

BiLTRiTE tell us what YOU THE PEOPLE want poll!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this is something you guys could make , but here it goes....How about a channel to run alongside the roof rail to work in conjunction with the soft top that catches the run off of water at the A pillar when raining ....opening the door becomes a shower ...it seems someone should have designed something like this by now. Could be something like a flat piece of metal with a lip that runs along the roof line and attaches to the knobs that hold the door frames. I know you are probably looking for more off road ideas but I am certain this would be a must buy item...imagine how many jeeps there are and how many complaints about this seemingly stupid design fault . I've thought about making two myself but don't have the means to get it into manufacturing. k my .02 cents
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BiLTRiTE-Jason

What are your thoughts on some heavy duty magnets for mounting the rock lights?
A few rare earth magnets per light would probably work.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BiLTRiTE-Jason
What are your thoughts on some heavy duty magnets for mounting the rock lights?
I like the idea of using magnets. Also include a screw hole for permanent mount. You'll have to design them to be different/better than ORO LiteSPOTZ's.

How about 2 small lights (limited mounting area) for mounting in front of front tires. 2 light bars to be mounted on each side (there is mounting space to the outside of the frame rail on the underside of body). 1 6" bar to be mounted between rear tires.

The lights will need to be able to take a few rock hits. They should also be able to be immersed in water without shorting out or having the housing crack.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about some smd fog light replacements for the stockers? You can get 50w smd chip with drivers for like 30 bux and they put out light equivlant to a 55w bulb while only pulling about 2 amps. I made some on my own but some pro built ones with a cast alum housing to act like a heat sink and a intergraded driver in the housing would look much better and be much more durable. With what little power they pull vs the light output they provide they could be a direct plug and play set up.

Quick Reply: BiLTRiTE tell us what YOU THE PEOPLE want poll!