Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.
View Poll Results: What products would you like to see from us?
More HIDs
9.23%
More LEDs
29.23%
Cheaper HIDs
10.77%
Cheaper LEDs
61.54%
Round LED Lights
21.54%
Halogen Lights
0%
Custom Fit Lights
9.23%
Retrofit Lights
9.23%
Rock/Area Lighting
24.62%
Creative Light Mounts
21.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

BiLTRiTE tell us what YOU THE PEOPLE want poll!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for the JK tailored rock light kit, we'd need two SKUs, JK and JKU. How many LEDs do you see being in this kit? One for each wheel? One for each wheel, then front and back?

What's the price that you guys would REALISTICALLY spend? I'm the same way with things, you say a price would be a reasonable price, but that still doesn't make you run out and buy one. So what's the price that you guys would all commit to right now? I'll look at my JK and see if I can come up with any ideas for the kit.

Keep the ideas coming people! This is VERY valuable to us!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be a tester . I'm a short 200 miles from you with a 2013 rubicon unlimited. It wouldn't matter to me how many LEDs in each light as long as it provides a good amount of light for night wheeling probably one light for each wheel. I would think have them sold individually meaning buy them 1 at a time or as a package price for 4 lights (one for each wheel) If they were 2-300 for a package I would buy them. Or 50-100 each.

Last edited by WIRubi; 11-07-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor

Those of you saying more LEDs, can you be more specific? More lenghts, more styles, etc.? Those of you saying less expensive LEDs, what kind of pricing would get you to commit to an LED bar as your next purchase?

One last questions, for HID headlight retrofit kits, is DOT approval ($$$) important, or are you ok with "offroad use only" retrofit kits?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think it's an issue of how many lights there are, it's more an issue of light output and spread. To me $300 is a bit steep, $200 for a concise and complete set up would make me say yeah, I need that and I'm going to get them.

Maybe 4 LED pods with a wide spread, or a 2 axis pod (one for each corner) that can be mounted on the center line of the axle and shine light in front of and behind each tire.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and as far as having 2 sku's you would need one for the lights, then 2 separate ones for the wiring harnesses. Maybe have the harness built with water tight connectors at the light ends, that way if one light breaks, purchase a replacement and replace it.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BiLTRiTE-Jason
Are you thinking a more elaborate windshield mount? Perhaps something that spans across the hood, or something that's custom tailored to the light your mounting? I ask because we'd love to develop a light that will be exclusively for our Jeep customers. Something that is the absolute, hands down, go-to light. What technology does that lgith use? Is it an HID or LED, is it under $100 or over $100, how much output is realistically expected from THE Jeep light?
Are you talking something like this for across the hood

Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BiLTRiTE-Jason
Those of you saying more LEDs, can you be more specific? More lenghts, more styles, etc.? Those of you saying less expensive LEDs, what kind of pricing would get you to commit to an LED bar as your next purchase?

One last questions, for HID headlight retrofit kits, is DOT approval ($$$) important, or are you ok with "offroad use only" retrofit kits?

I'd like to add a 40in LED strip to my lightbar but current prices are prohibitive for me. Based on the current cost of high-power LEDs, something in the range of $250 would be a fair price for a good quality model.

Also, considering those flashlights that have two brightness settings, why not offering this feature on the lightbars? It would be something like a city and a highway settings, for example.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default im with the group

I agree. I would love to see some rock lights. That's my next step.
The other thing I would love to see is some cover options for the light bars. I just installed my Surge20 and have got a lot of compliments on it (sorry only a poser shot for now). Great quality and throws an awesome beam. However, I would love it if I could throw a diffused lens cover on it for those slow woods runs and maybe a clear one for some protection for the winter roads when they sand with gravel.

I also have 2 BULLiTTs to mount up. Looking forward to getting in the woods and trying these out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121102_165226_514.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	386582
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cowboy5150
I don't think it's an issue of how many lights there are, it's more an issue of light output and spread. To me $300 is a bit steep, $200 for a concise and complete set up would make me say yeah, I need that and I'm going to get them.

Maybe 4 LED pods with a wide spread, or a 2 axis pod (one for each corner) that can be mounted on the center line of the axle and shine light in front of and behind each tire.
Originally Posted by Cowboy5150
Oh, and as far as having 2 sku's you would need one for the lights, then 2 separate ones for the wiring harnesses. Maybe have the harness built with water tight connectors at the light ends, that way if one light breaks, purchase a replacement and replace it.
Cool, I'll look into what it woud take to develop a kit like this. We have LED lights that are roughly 1" in diameter and about 3/4" thick that would work well for this kit. For a basic 4 light kit, I feel confident that we could hit a $100-$150 retail.

I was looking under my JK yesterday, and there's not a lot a spots that every Jeep is going to have. Using the fenders is hard since so many people chop or replace them. Plus if we put them on the underside of the wheel well somewhere, I'd be concerned about oversize tires just wiping them off. Any good spots on the frame you can think of that would work?

Thanks for the help everyone! We all win when you tell us what YOU want.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=jaker t5;3287831]Are you talking something like this for across the hood
[\QUOTE]

That's one idea. Is there a bad glare off the hood?

Quick Reply: BiLTRiTE tell us what YOU THE PEOPLE want poll!