Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Big Job this weekend - Running lights indpendently.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Job this weekend - Running lights indpendently.

So this weekend I am installing Light force 170s, IPF 968 (Windshield), and ralleylights kit.

I purchased the daystar kit and three rockers. Why 3? Well I want to run each light on the windshield independently (Yes I have a good reason, lol). Is there a way to do this with out buying three separate wiring kits?

At this point my plan is to buy three KC wire harnesses and hooking up the IPF's with one and then each of the windshields separately. What would be really nice is if I could use one harness and then somehow separate the switches. Is there a way to do it? I am good at following directions but that is about it, lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just purchase 2 harness and install them like normal. Purchase 1 extra relay. Doing it this way will make it easily reversable if you change your mind. While doing the install, keep in mind witch harness you want to alter. Get both of them working before you make these alterations. The alterations are simple.
1) Install the third rely next to the relay to be altered.
2) Jump battery power and ground between the two relays.
3) Connect the new switch to the new relay
4) There should be two wires leaving the orignal relay on terminal 87. Just simply cut them appart. Reconnect one to the orignal relay. Connect the second one to the new relay.

Quick Reply: Big Job this weekend - Running lights indpendently.