Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best lightbar/rectanglar lights for my 2012?

Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nevillebartos
looks good, what kind of wind noise does it add? and how was it to install? i've seen mixed reports especially in terms of drilling being / not being required, and some having difficulties with running the wiring neatly? apparently delta updated it in some ways as well but i can't really figure out the differences and who's installed what. id love to hear your thoughts on it and some more pics would be great if you have any!!
was pretty easy to install and instead of wiring it the way they preferred around the frame and along the b pillar ..I drilled a hole through the front of the windshield below where the cowl is and the wires went through nicely without any issues or ugliness. There is no wind noise what so ever and I first installed around mid summer when I had the soft top on. They are exactly what I wanted ..low profile and plenty bright enough..they came with 2 switches so that u can use it with 2 lights on or 4 or all six but I just mounted them to my switch pod that I bought for the drivers side a frame and have all my lights running off of it ..clean and at easy reach ...the only thing that I would suggest if you purchase is after installing and before tightening you will need a second person to push it as far forward as u can and then tighten while they are pushing because it is very close to the windshield and it will do damage when out on a trail by twisting and putting stress on the glass if it touches. ..here are some pics of where I routed the wires and the closeness of the main housing

Wires routed through cowl
U can see them on left they run down the arm of the bar that just attaches to the actual windshield frame bolts the ones you'd remove if u wanted to lower your windshield.
( for some reason this pic won't go through)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	387997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0989.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	387998
distance from windshield

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	388001
They came with light covers that had delta written on them which was overkill so I sprayed them flat black ...now I don't even use them I keep them in the back duffle

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	388007
Switch pod

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	388008

Last edited by Rico; 11-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	388020

Here is the pic I was trying to upload...wiring running down left side ....
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delta Sky bar

Delta Sky Bar on 2012 JK
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	412208  

Quick Reply: Best lightbar/rectanglar lights for my 2012?