Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Is this the best headlight setup for the price?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to get a projector setup, your best bet is The Retrofit Source. They have good quality products and decent pricing. You would want to get the bi-xenon mini morimoto projectors. But they use H1 bulbs, not H13, so you will need new bulbs. But they use standard AMP outputs, so you could still use the ballasts and harness from your previous HID kit. Cost is about 180 with shipping.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181

Other necessary components:
-Butyl sealant to reseal the headlights
-Adhesive to glue the projector into the headlight housing
-Sandpaper
-Primer
-Paint

Total cost will be around 200-250.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
If you want to get a projector setup, your best bet is The Retrofit Source. They have good quality products and decent pricing. You would want to get the bi-xenon mini morimoto projectors. But they use H1 bulbs, not H13, so you will need new bulbs. But they use standard AMP outputs, so you could still use the ballasts and harness from your previous HID kit. Cost is about 180 with shipping.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181

Other necessary components:
-Butyl sealant to reseal the headlights
-Adhesive to glue the projector into the headlight housing
-Sandpaper
-Primer
-Paint

Total cost will be around 200-250.
Ah, thats a little better. I actually have an email inquiry in with that company. No response quite yet. I believe my kit is coming w 9007/hb5 HiLo bulbs. You think ill have to replace them to work w proj housings? Last question i promise, haha
Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctjeeper
Ah, thats a little better. I actually have an email inquiry in with that company. No response quite yet. I believe my kit is coming w 9007/hb5 HiLo bulbs. You think ill have to replace them to work w proj housings? Last question i promise, haha
Nope. A 9007 bulb will not fit, you need a H1 bulb for that projector. If you buy the projector from retrofit it is only 25 dollars to get a set of H1 bulbs.

The 9007 will not fit in the Jeep either, why did you get them? Stock wrangler is H13 / 9008 bulb.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee

The 9007 will not fit in the Jeep either, why did you get them? Stock wrangler is H13 / 9008 bulb.
I bought the hid set from a guy who pulled them out of his jk.... i dont think he was bullshittin me, maybe he just told me the wrong bulb type by mistake.. i havent gotten the set yet tho to say either way

Quick Reply: Is this the best headlight setup for the price?