Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best front and rear speakers

Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of focal 165V2 components that I plan to install in the front. Not sure what I'm doing for the rear yet. Focal, JL Audio, Rockford?? I also have a JL Audio 6-channel and Alpine IVA-W200 7" DVD w/ iPod control and Bluetooth that might find their way in.
Oh. It's a 2012 unlimited Sport S. picking it up next week. Can't wait.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3324704383.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	287501  
Old 03-11-2012, 12:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best is subjective, but I'd say Focal K2P's for the front with the tweets in the OEM pods. They're what I'm running now and hands down the warmest, richest sounding component I have heard. For the rear I went with their 5" Polyglass coaxials, 130CV is the model I believe. Focal is the best thing to come out of France since the bee-jay, definitely well worth the price.

Also while replacing your speakers, don't forget to stuff a fair amount of poly-fill in there, it will help the sound tremendously.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B. Law
Best is subjective, but I'd say Focal K2P's for the front with the tweets in the OEM pods. They're what I'm running now and hands down the warmest, richest sounding component I have heard. For the rear I went with their 5" Polyglass coaxials, 130CV is the model I believe. Focal is the best thing to come out of France since the bee-jay, definitely well worth the price.

Also while replacing your speakers, don't forget to stuff a fair amount of poly-fill in there, it will help the sound tremendously.
Yea I have JL speakers, top of the line, but I've heard the k2's and they are amazing speakers. Focal's big saying is, "the only clearer music you can get, comes from the artist sitting in front of you."

And honestly, I believe it lol
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

But also the type of music you are playing depends on the speaker you should get. I play alot of heavy bass stuff and that's not what Focal's are meant for. Focals are meant for the clearest music with real instruments. Like rock and metal, alternative, and r&b. I personally would put Focal's in my jk just because I listen to rap and I'd be afraid if blow them.

Quick Reply: Best front and rear speakers