Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best Alternator options

Old 06-19-2024, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Alternator options

Recently had a Tuff Stuff alternator burn up not sure if it was the 175 or 250amp it was installed on when I bought the Jeep. What is the best option for a replacement? The Jeep has dual battery from Genesis Offroad, Roadshock light bar and pods that pull 292watts at 25amp and a Smittybilt gen2 XRZ 9.5k winch with a max draw of 435amp, no other aftermarket electrical accessories.

Last edited by Jered_E; 06-19-2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 409 Likes on 384 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum.. Many knowledgeable members here Sorry I havent heard of a Tuff Stuff Alternator.. IMO I would not go above the largest Factory installed for your year / model Jeep. That is a lot of electrical draw .. good you don't do all at the same time.
Old 07-06-2024, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would scratch around for a local automotive electrical repair shop that does starter rebuilds & alternator rebuilds. Often those guys can stuff heavier duty windings, rectifiers & regulators into stock alternator cases. Also, they can usually set up external regulation that offers a variety of benefits.

Quick Reply: Best Alternator options