Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Beating a dead horse with another Mygig question....

Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beating a dead horse with another Mygig question....

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	536311Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	536312Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	536313Let me start off by saying, I'm sorry. I've searched for 2 months and I just can't find an answer to my question. If you can answer it, awesome, if you can't point to me a thread that can answer it, awesome.

I have a 2009 JKU and it had the factory RES. My wife totaled our 2012 Dodge Grandcaravan R/T and I took the RHR out of it. I put it in the Jeep and it lit up right away with JEEP. Then asked for a code. I got the code from a buddy that works at the dealership and as soon as I typed in the last #, the satellite radio started playing immediately. I didn't have Uconnect before and don't really need it, but I would like the Navigation. Of course it didn't work. I did some research and read 100 threads that said, buy the dual SAT/NAV antenna P/N 05064910AA. $65 later and it shows up. I take the old out, satellite radio goes off, I plug the new one up and satellite radio works again. STILL NO NAVIGATION!!! And now my compass says I'm going South East if I'm driving in circles. I'm at a loss. I wrote the company back that I got the antenna from and they said that the system may need to be flashed. They asked for the make and model of my Jeep and radio S/N, but they don't know I got it out of my now deceased minivan. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I'm going insane over here. I haven't had the bolts in on my dash in a month because I've been trying this and that.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know, but you may need your control module flashed to let it know, radio and everything works off the CAN bus. Someone may know for sure
Old 03-10-2014, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In 2009, I believe that SAT radio was an external module . Is this correct in your vehicle? The SAT radio ant connected to that module, are you plugging the new ant cable into the module or the radio? Did you just swap out the ant base and plug it into the existing extension cable? If so then you'll need to locate the SAT radio module and route the cable to the radio from the module.

Originally Posted by jeepnjo6
Attachment 536311Attachment 536312Attachment 536313Let me start off by saying, I'm sorry. I've searched for 2 months and I just can't find an answer to my question. If you can answer it, awesome, if you can't point to me a thread that can answer it, awesome.

I have a 2009 JKU and it had the factory RES. My wife totaled our 2012 Dodge Grandcaravan R/T and I took the RHR out of it. I put it in the Jeep and it lit up right away with JEEP. Then asked for a code. I got the code from a buddy that works at the dealership and as soon as I typed in the last #, the satellite radio started playing immediately. I didn't have Uconnect before and don't really need it, but I would like the Navigation. Of course it didn't work. I did some research and read 100 threads that said, buy the dual SAT/NAV antenna P/N 05064910AA. $65 later and it shows up. I take the old out, satellite radio goes off, I plug the new one up and satellite radio works again. STILL NO NAVIGATION!!! And now my compass says I'm going South East if I'm driving in circles. I'm at a loss. I wrote the company back that I got the antenna from and they said that the system may need to be flashed. They asked for the make and model of my Jeep and radio S/N, but they don't know I got it out of my now deceased minivan. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I'm going insane over here. I haven't had the bolts in on my dash in a month because I've been trying this and that.

Last edited by xsdbs; 03-10-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Beating a dead horse with another Mygig question....