Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

backup camera on ipad

Old 10-22-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backup camera on ipad

ok now that i use the ipad as my primary av setup in the jeep jk. I still wanted to have a backup camera. I think i found a way not only to have a backup camera but
front and sides and rear check the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF9n8yOYUWc
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

WOOT WOOT Success im so happy for you bro lol, and for myself now, now Im not afraid to do the setup later on. Cant wait for this evolve, I explained what we "researching" to my brother and has also fascinated lol. He like the idea of jeep having a "network" lmao :b eer:
Old 10-22-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattymat04
ok now that i use the ipad as my primary av setup in the jeep jk. I still wanted to have a backup camera. I think i found a way not only to have a backup camera but
front and sides and rear check the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF9n8yOYUWc
Pretty cool application of off the shelf technology. What do you use for the iPAD app, and how does the encoder physically interface to the iPAD?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smopho
Pretty cool application of off the shelf technology. What do you use for the iPAD app, and how does the encoder physically interface to the iPAD?
I'll give a little insight, but matt the expert, the cameras are connecting to the IP Video Encoder, then the encoder connects to a wifi router, and the Ipad app connects wirelessly via IP Address of server. Ipad app is called "Unetcams"....... Am I right matt? lol
Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

well hey matt, since we got this thread going, I'll discuss in here, I started searching again since now we know it works, I found some "IP server encoders", this would be the same thing right? some have 4 seperate LAN's and some just one LAN, and a few with built-in Wifi. Prices im seeing are ranging from 200-280 for them. Whats your take on these ebay units incase you came across them?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

fastrat explained it well and thats how it works. I wont know final specs of this setup till the cameras arrive from china and the mobile wifi router.

I only got the axis 241q cause i knew it would work with the unetcams app. It would be interesting to get a hold of a cheaper one on ebay to see if it would work though. Also yes all it is is a video ip server takes normal cams so you dont have some crazy ip camera off the back of your car and serves the video stream over ip.

Last edited by mattymat04; 10-22-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Ha cool, well im gonna have to look into that Unetcam app and read the info on it and see if the servers I saw would work with the app.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

ok progress got the mobile router and finally got it all working self contained just need cameras.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

some more progress

Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where are u planning to mount the router and all? And how much $ u estimate in this when done?

Quick Reply: backup camera on ipad