Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Backup camera

Old 11-08-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup camera

Looking for advice on what solution is best. I am really only interested in plug-n-play solutions, nothing I have to Jerry rig.

Also would love to hear cost and if it was installed, what you paid.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I went with the following items:

Lockpick V5
eBay flush mount backup camera

The parts cost about $225 after some shopping around on the Lockpick. I had to ass some red and black wire to run from the Lockpick to camera for power so add a few bucks for that. It works great, and unlocked all the features of my Nav, so it was a win all around. Did the install myself, probably took about 2 ish hours.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

What year is your keep because the new wranglers the lockpick does not work. The older models the the lockpick would represent the beak being on at all times. But now jeep also makes it so it judges on speed as well. I have shopped around an no company has yet to make a lockpick yet for the newer jeeps!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the NAV-TV AllGIG in my 2012 JKUR, it was my only choice since I have a manual (the lockpick doesn't work w/ manual for 2012)

NAV-TV Corporation: ALLGIG_XG-HS Video in Motion bypass for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles

I'd suggest calling them, they were quite helpful on the phone.

For a camera, I just bought a cheap CMOS flush-mount camera off Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Waterproof Truck Car Reverse Backup Rear View Camera: Automotive

it's 170 degree angle was exactly what I wanted, but the guidelines were annoying as I mounted it in a receiver hitch cover.

The AllGIG is easy to setup, but you have to take the dash apart to pull the radio out.
You can run power from the AllGIG harness to the camera but I opted to use that power wire to trigger a relay instead, pulling power from a fuse block I installed. Frankly running the wires for the project was the hardest part of the install.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mbaron142
What year is your keep because the new wranglers the lockpick does not work. The older models the the lockpick would represent the beak being on at all times. But now jeep also makes it so it judges on speed as well. I have shopped around an no company has yet to make a lockpick yet for the newer jeeps!
I have a 2013, everything works fine.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
I have a 2013, everything works fine.

Do you have auto or manual
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Automatic.

Quick Reply: Backup camera