Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Backseat DVD monitors

Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backseat DVD monitors

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket DVD monitors that can plug into the auxiliary jack and run off the stock in-dash DVD player? I'd rather not get the portable DVD players for my kids since they're mostly junk.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Yea you can get rear monitors to run off your MYGIG but you'd need a Lockpik w A/V harness.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used mygig with these headrest monitors. Pricey but very nice quality and great leather/stitch match for my rubi.

Myron & Davis
Old 01-15-2015, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the information. ctkeeper do you have any recommendations for monitor(s)?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Ripa777.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by emwebb
Thanks for the information. ctkeeper do you have any recommendations for monitor(s)?
Not really sorry. Never got that far. Did see some headrest ones on eBay. Or a cheaper route is ones that just hang off of headrest rather than replace it. Just be sure to get monitors n not player combos either way
Old 06-08-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ctjeeper

Not really sorry. Never got that far. Did see some headrest ones on eBay. Or a cheaper route is ones that just hang off of headrest rather than replace it. Just be sure to get monitors n not player combos either way
Went with eBay route
Did hang on back DVD headrest wired through the seat backs to the cigarette lighter

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150608_212924.png
Views:	206
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	614123
Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

You could always go for a pair of cheap tablets with headphones, load movies on an sd-card if you have them ripped to your pc. Minimises arguments and gives some games when you want domething more interactive. Plus it's stealthy in that once you leave the car you take them with you. Just a thought. I'm only assuming it's for kids, btw, but the monitors in the Flex haven't seen use for a long time now.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by antpink
You could always go for a pair of cheap tablets with headphones, load movies on an sd-card if you have them ripped to your pc. Minimises arguments and gives some games when you want domething more interactive. Plus it's stealthy in that once you leave the car you take them with you. Just a thought. I'm only assuming it's for kids, btw, but the monitors in the Flex haven't seen use for a long time now.
I agree with you - nice thing about these screens look like factory installed and you have some games and SD, HDMI

With the 2014 and 110V power on the dash - an XBOX isn't out of the question

Last edited by Hydro Altitude; 06-09-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Backseat DVD monitors