Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

B&M Transmission Oil Temperature Gauge (???)

Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Transmission Oil Temperature Gauge (???)

I'm planning to install the B&M transmission cooler, and while I'm at it, I'm thinking about installing the inline B&M trans temp gauge. I already purchased the cooler, but I'm reviewing the installation instructions for the gauge from their website and I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with since I've never really done any electrical work before and I'm pretty new to mechanical stuff also (but learning).

It says the following:

1. Connect the other end of the temp gauge wire to an accessory or ignition circuit that is "hot" when the ignition key is on.

Is there an easy location that I can connect to without having to cut existing wires?

2. Run a length of wire from the temp gauge to the dashboard instrument light wires or terminal board.

I hope I don't have to disassemble my dash to do this?

3. Place a small amount of sealer on the threads of the temp gauge sender unit.

What kind of sealer?

-Tom
Old 08-16-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i would use a scangauge ii or an aeroforcer gauge to display trans temp and a whole lot more parameters too... those just plug into the connector under the dash

-Christopher

Quick Reply: B&M Transmission Oil Temperature Gauge (???)