Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auxillary lighting question

Old 03-08-2015, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Auxillary lighting question

I ordered a 20" light bar, it draws 8.2 amps.

It will be attached to my front bumper and would like to set it up as simple as possible.

I was thinking, and somebody please chime in if this sounds stupid, I want the light bar to turn on when I hit my fog light switch, but I don't want my fog lights and light bar on at the same time.

So I would need some kind of switch that can select which lights get power when I turn on the fog light switch.

The reason I was thinking of doing it this way is so that I wouldn't have to run a power source from the battery. Would the fog lights power source work? What kind of switch would I need to accomplish this?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiKing

It will be attached to my front bumper and would like to set it up as simple as possible.
As simple as possible would be on its own fused circuit with a switch and a relay.
There should be at least a couple unused switched fuse positions in the TIPM.

Last edited by ronjenx; 03-08-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Auxillary lighting question