Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aux fuse box

Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx

For those asking if the breaker is required...

I don't thinks so, as it's a short run. The lead from the battery to the c/b is unprotected, so it may as well go directly to the new fuse box.
There is no c/b or fuse in the lead to the TIPM, because it's so close to the power source.
If the box were mounted in the cab, or in the cargo compartment, then yes, a breaker would be required to protect the wire run to the box.
The important thing is, each circuit's wire run is protected by its own fuse.

Looking at the install, I wonder about access to the fuses in the TIPM. Looks like the cover would be difficult to open all the way.

No difficulties, opens right up plenty of access. The breaker was recomended by the manufacturer and for 30 bucks I'd rather have the piece of mind.

Last edited by Jhen; 02-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Langhorne
Small word. Using this exact same fuse box in the same location.
Only thing different is I opted for an anl fuse between it and the batery.

When I had it pulled apart for the second battery install....

I like the idea of putting the fuse block there but i dont like the idea of running all the wire to my accessories from inside the cab to under the hood.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhen
The breaker was recomended by the manufacturer and for 30 bucks I'd rather have he piece of mind.
Very interesting. I believe that someone had mentioned something about this a couple of post back. Wonder who that was?

Quick Reply: Aux fuse box