Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auto up/down on Power Windows

Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto up/down on Power Windows

My front two windows have auto down, where once I press down on the button they go down all the way on their own. The back two don't have this feature, but I'd love to add it to the rear as well.

It'd also be nice to add the opposite feature where they automatically go up. My wife's car has this feature and is really convenient.

Has anyone done this or have any insight?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KrayzieLuke
My front two windows have auto down, where once I press down on the button they go down all the way on their own. The back two don't have this feature, but I'd love to add it to the rear as well.

It'd also be nice to add the opposite feature where they automatically go up. My wife's car has this feature and is really convenient.

Has anyone done this or have any insight?
Not much insight but I did read at one time that the reason they don't go up automatically is a liability issue...think catching someone's neck or arm in there.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Not much insight but I did read at one time that the reason they don't go up automatically is a liability issue...think catching someone's neck or arm in there.
I can't see that being the case. So many vehicles out there being produced today have this feature as well as a built in pressure sensing system. I put it on Jeep just trickling in tech to keep the die yards from crying too much.

I've thought of the same mod. Just haven't looked into it.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I can't see that being the case. So many vehicles out there being produced today have this feature as well as a built in pressure sensing system. I put it on Jeep just trickling in tech to keep the die yards from crying too much.

I've thought of the same mod. Just haven't looked into it.
I'm just telling you what I read. If you add a pressure sensor system then it wouldn't be an issue. It was years ago I read it so maybe since then they perfected it with the pressure sensor.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I'm just telling you what I read. If you add a pressure sensor system then it wouldn't be an issue. It was years ago I read it so maybe since then they perfected it with the pressure sensor.
I know my Volvo stops when there is an obstruction when using auto up.
As for the Jeep, I believe it would break some bone.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I know my Volvo stops when there is an obstruction when using auto up.
As for the Jeep, I believe it would break some bone.
True dat.

Quick Reply: Auto up/down on Power Windows