Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auto to Manual Transmission Swap

Old 01-17-2023, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to Manual Transmission Swap

I'm currently researching ways to swap my 2011 JKU 3.8L from an Automatic to a Manual Transmission and could use some help from the manual community with some questions.

First: The Yellow/Orange & Black Ground wire from the Clutch Master Cylinder Position Sensor leads to a connecter in either the PCM or TIPM and I cannot figure out which one and which pin it is for proper wiring without replacing the Dash harness which currently fetches a premium. If anyone has any information helps

Second: The Dark Greek & White Wire from the Backup Lamp Switch on the Transmission runs to the PCM. It's a 34-pin connector but I'm not exactly sure which connector, There are 4 on the back of the PCM, I believe it is the far right.

Third: Has anyone had a PCM flash? on know a personal tuner that can play with PCM settings like the transmission.

Besides this, the Mechanics behind it and the parts list is fairly simple and ill be sure to post as much information and the results upon completion

I know a lot of people are going to say just trade it in and get a manual and save the headache but it's not exactly that simple. I've had it for about 7 years now and there are a lot of irreversible modifications to it which will make it a hard sell / trade it. Plus the personal value I have for it.

Any help is hugely appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by RockKrusherJKU; 01-17-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:28 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Might be able to find a donor vehicle from the wrecking yard, probably a lot of brackets and mounting that could add up when you go to look up parts

Quick Reply: Auto to Manual Transmission Swap