Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Audio Upgrade Advice/Help - 2007 2 Door Wrangler X

Old 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Upgrade Advice/Help - 2007 2 Door Wrangler X

I am looking to upgrade my Audio. :confused: So far I have chosen:
Pioneer Headunit
Pioneer AVH-X4500BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com
Kicker Component Set
Kicker 40CSS654 6-1/2" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com
Kicker Speaker Pair
Kicker 40CS654 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com
A Cerwin 5 Channel Amp
Cerwin-Vega STEALTH800.5 (STEALTH800.5) 5-Channel STEALTH Car Amp
And a Pioneer Enclosed Sub
Pioneer TS-SWX251 Compact sealed enclosure with one 10" shallow-mount sub at Crutchfield.com
As well as a wiring kit
Belva Bangin' Bass BAK82 8 Gauge Amp Wire Kit with 2-Ch RCA Cable
All the speakers come with brackets included.

Is there anything else I should be looking for? And more importantly is there any bigger upgrades I need to do before this?

Incase anyone cares, I will also be getting:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand - 18 Inch.

Aries Off-Road Jeep Wrangler Black Powdercoat Front Tubular Bumper - JK - AutoTruckToys.com

Rampage Jeep Wrangler Black Powdercoat Double Tube Rear Bumper - JK - AutoTruckToys.com
Old 08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

Bump? Anyone?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Just so you don't feel lonely (since I'm happy with the stock system and Kicker speakers, LOL), just wanted to point out that Kicker makes a system that is custom-designed to fit the JKs. A friend of mine did the test install for Kicker a few years back, and it is a very nice system. You might just check into that before cobbling your own system together. Might save you some coin and pain.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Oh, BTW, 18-inch wheels are really inappropriate for the Jeep unless you're just making a boulevard cruiser, or planning on 37s or even 40s. Most Jeep owners will snicker at you if you run 18s and 33s or 35s. Kind of like we snicker at those Sahara owners with painted fenders.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Oh, BTW, 18-inch wheels are really inappropriate for the Jeep unless you're just making a boulevard cruiser, or planning on 37s or even 40s. Most Jeep owners will snicker at you if you run 18s and 33s or 35s. Kind of like we snicker at those Sahara owners with painted fenders.
Good to know. Do you know where I'd be able to find that Kicker kit you talked about?
Would beefy tires be thought of the same way, 16" rim, with a big tire?

Last edited by MitchP; 09-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by MitchP
Good to know. Do you know where I'd be able to find that Kicker kit you talked about?
Would beefy tires be thought of the same way, 16" rim, with a big tire?
Check out Kicker's website and the links from there ... http://www.kicker.com/New_MoparKICKER_Audio_Upgrade_Kits_Jeep_Wrangler_a nd_Ram_Trucks

I hope not on the tires: That's what I run (35s on 16 inch wheels). I think if I had it to do again, I'd go with 35s on 17s. Either way, I think you'll be happier than with 18s. Reason, BTW, is when you air down off-road you want some sidewall to protect the rim from damage. 16s or 17s (some folks even go 15s!) do a better job than 18s or 20s. Because of that, larger wheels and narrower tires are the sign of someone who doesn't off-road their Jeep. So, unless you purposefully want to make a boulevard cruiser, avoid that current rubberband tire fad.

Quick Reply: Audio Upgrade Advice/Help - 2007 2 Door Wrangler X