Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Audio System Design

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
mml
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio System Design

Thinking about changing some of the components, before I do I was hoping to get some opinions.

The system now:

430N (RHB) with Uconnect, and Nav.
Kicker ZXSUM8
Alpine PDX-1.1000 connected to an 8" Sunfire sub woofer in a custom fiberglass enclosure replacing the stock one.
Alpine PDX- 4.100 connected to a pair of C5-650x in the lower dash. For the upper dash and over the head sound bar I broke up the C5-650 component set.
Everything is well balanced, for my listening tastes.

My question is how much more open would the sound be if I replaced the factory head unit and got rid of the ZXSUM8 with an aftermarket good quality version.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mml
My question is how much more open would the sound be if I replaced the factory head unit and got rid of the ZXSUM8 with an aftermarket good quality version.

Thanks.
I really can't say if there would be an improvement or not. But I like this thinking better.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mml
Thinking about changing some of the components, before I do I was hoping to get some opinions.

The system now:

430N (RHB) with Uconnect, and Nav.
Kicker ZXSUM8
Alpine PDX-1.1000 connected to an 8" Sunfire sub woofer in a custom fiberglass enclosure replacing the stock one.
Alpine PDX- 4.100 connected to a pair of C5-650x in the lower dash. For the upper dash and over the head sound bar I broke up the C5-650 component set.
Everything is well balanced, for my listening tastes.

Thanks.
Well if you decide to sell your 430N, let me know. I've been looking for one... Surprised I have not had more luck other than some of the crappy ones on eBay..

Quick Reply: Audio System Design