Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Audio experts, ASSEMBLE! Use Lockpick A/V outs to add amp for sub?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio experts, ASSEMBLE! Use Lockpick A/V outs to add amp for sub?

Is this possible? Has it been done?

I have a 430n with uconnect and factory infinity speakers. I noticed the lock pick allows for additional audio and video outs so I was wondering if one of these audio outs could be utilized for adding an amp for an additional sub without having to mess with the factory setup. I'm gonna get the lock pick anyway for the backup cam and other features. This would be icing on the cake if possible.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BallZ6spd
Is this possible? Has it been done?

I have a 430n with uconnect and factory infinity speakers. I noticed the lock pick allows for additional audio and video outs so I was wondering if one of these audio outs could be utilized for adding an amp for an additional sub without having to mess with the factory setup. I'm gonna get the lock pick anyway for the backup cam and other features. This would be icing on the cake if possible.
Don't know the lock pick systems personally, but it seems like you could at least run a relay to power your woofer off one of those outputs.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

I emailed the company that makes the lockpick with this question. They told me it would not work. I ended up splicing into the speaker wires after the amp in my 2011 (I have the Infinity system).
Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jnicewvu
I emailed the company that makes the lockpick with this question. They told me it would not work. I ended up splicing into the speaker wires after the amp in my 2011 (I have the Infinity system).
Thanks for the info. What is your current audio set up if you don't mind me asking?

I wonder why it won't work? I would think you would just need an amp that excepts whatever ohm output the system puts out. Whatever you hook those av units too have to take that signal and amplify it. Hmmm
Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jgordo

Some outputs aren't variable. Meaning they feed additional items like monitors and wouldn't adjust with the volume so your sub would constantly be at the same level.
Ahh, makes sense. I wonder if there is some kind of analog controller that could be added to the line. Twist the nob for more boom type of thing.

I used to have an infinity basslink that had a control knob like that.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jnicewvu
This is probably your best option. If you would like an amp control try kicker or fosgate amps, they both have wired controllers. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

730 RHR
JBL MS-8
JL HD 600/4 powering Polk MM 6501's
Basic Polks in the rear
JL Slash 1000.1 powering JL 13W7
Lots of Damplifier and the Hotheads - this helped as well with the sound

I picked the Polk's because I used to have the Polk SR6500's which were awesome. The MM's are good, especially if you can get a discount on them. Of course everyone will have differing opinions and I am sure there are much better speakers out there.

I did have the JL Stealthbox installed. It sounded pretty good, but nothing compared to the 13W7, which I had previously installed in my last vehicle. The Stealthbox would be plenty for most people, but it's hard to go backwards.

If anyone needs help wiring a stereo for the 2011's let me know and I will try to help. It is different from the previous JK's.

Last edited by Jnicewvu; 07-23-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Audio experts, ASSEMBLE! Use Lockpick A/V outs to add amp for sub?