Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone using a Bazooka tube or otherwise powered subwoofer?

Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone using a Bazooka tube or otherwise powered subwoofer?

I am looking for just a little more bass from my audio system. I have replaced the headunit and the four speakers and I am now considering one of those Bazooka tubes. Has anyone installed any of these and can share the results?
Also where did you mount it? I have a two door soft top that gets wet alot in the summer.
The following users liked this post:
Nhoj (06-07-2024)
Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got an Infinity Basslink (200w powered 10")...and it's REALLY good.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Is that mounted to a piece of plywood or something? Maybe so you can remove it if necessary? Since I posted, I did a search and found a couple of good posts. I inquired about the Bazooka tube because I can get the 8100 new for $50 off another forum. Another member here mounted a Kenwood under his driver's seat.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah, it's mounted to a piece of MDF that's covered with carpet, and then screwed to the cargo tub cover to keep it from sliding around.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

I have an 8" bazooka tube in my Tundra. I like it much more than the build a box, buy a sub, install an amp solution. It's very compact and definitely adds some thump to the ride. I have mine mounted using a nylon strap tie down with a plastic buckle so that it can be removed quickly. The power input is on a two pin molex connector. The audio and power control inputs are on a second molex connector. Very easy to disconnect and throw in the bed when I need to carry extra passengers more than when I need to have extra bass. I'd post pictures, but I don't think they'd be much use in a Jeep installation.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I am looking for just a little more bass from my audio system. I have replaced the headunit and the four speakers and I am now considering one of those Bazooka tubes. Has anyone installed any of these and can share the results?
Also where did you mount it? I have a two door soft top that gets wet alot in the summer.
I had a 6" Bazooka tube in my pickup and it was great. Just the right amount of bass for me. Had a 300 watt amp running to it.

But, I went with the Kenwood KSC-SW1 in the JK as it will fit under the drivers seat and is completely out of sight of passers by. I also like the fact that the amp is built in. It's not as strong as the Bazooka, or the Basslink but the sound is fine for me and I like the fact that it is hidden.

If you have a hardtop a Bazooka or a Basslink would be an excellent choice.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want to see a picture of the guys sub under the drivers seat. I have thought about that.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 8" Bazooka Tube

I've got an 8 inch powered Bazooka tube, and it sounds awesome. I've got a four door and it's sitting behind my back row of seats. You can put a tarp over it if it has the potential of getting wet. I took some automotive carpet and cut a piece big enough to cover my back cargo area so nothing gets wet.....
Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, some great info so far. I would love to see some pics of the underseat install. Maybe I could get one for each of the driver and front passenger seats to be the ultimate mall crawler. Haha , my wife hates this site.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Wow, some great info so far. I would love to see some pics of the underseat install. Maybe I could get one for each of the driver and front passenger seats to be the ultimate mall crawler. Haha , my wife hates this site.
It doesn't quite fit under the passenger seat as there is some kind of wiring harness with a bunch of plastic plugs and receptacles under there that gets in the way. There is less wiring on the drivers side. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Bazooka tube or otherwise powered subwoofer?