Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone upgrade to Sylvania SilverStar H13 ST Headlights

Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with new Ecode cibie glass lenses. You cannot change the light pattern thrown by simply changing the bulb. It may have minor variations, but it will not change. Those of you that have driven a bmr or other car w/ the ecode lights know about that distinct cutoff at the top and a full spread below it. See post #30 on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=daniel+stern

I no longer get 'flashed' by oncomming traffic because of the sharp cutoff, yet my lights throw much further, and still illuminate the entire area. I was driving right next to a JK on the way into work the other day, and the difference was astounding. "Wow, my lights used to suck!"

I used to use my fogs all the time to fill in that area closer to the jeep, now I dont use them all that much.

You can swap out your lenses with minimal wiring modifications if you stick w/ the stock wattage bulbs. (although you will still need to buy H4 bulbs) You will have to cut off the old H13 sockets and replace them w/ H4 sockets. You might be able to buy mating H13 (male of female) socket and build an adapter? Im not sure. This is the way to go if you do not want to build a new harness with new sockets, relays, capacitors, diodes, fuses, etc. (I think now there are commercially available harnesses? )

I went with non riceboy, normal color osram 70/65 watt bulbs, so I built a new harness with 12Ga wire. I like my stuff done right, and it took 4 hours to get there. I had to cut off the old light sockets and pulled the wires back thru the harness. Mounted the relays near the battery. Soldered , shrink-wrapped and loomed all connections and wires.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zgummy
I went with new Ecode cibie glass lenses. You cannot change the light pattern thrown by simply changing the bulb. It may have minor variations, but it will not change. Those of you that have driven a bmr or other car w/ the ecode lights know about that distinct cutoff at the top and a full spread below it. See post #30 on this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=daniel+stern

I no longer get 'flashed' by oncomming traffic because of the sharp cutoff, yet my lights throw much further, and still illuminate the entire area. I was driving right next to a JK on the way into work the other day, and the difference was astounding. "Wow, my lights used to suck!"

I used to use my fogs all the time to fill in that area closer to the jeep, now I dont use them all that much.

You can swap out your lenses with minimal wiring modifications if you stick w/ the stock wattage bulbs. (although you will still need to buy H4 bulbs) You will have to cut off the old H13 sockets and replace them w/ H4 sockets. You might be able to buy mating H13 (male of female) socket and build an adapter? Im not sure. This is the way to go if you do not want to build a new harness with new sockets, relays, capacitors, diodes, fuses, etc. (I think now there are commercially available harnesses? )

I went with non riceboy, normal color osram 70/65 watt bulbs, so I built a new harness with 12Ga wire. I like my stuff done right, and it took 4 hours to get there. I had to cut off the old light sockets and pulled the wires back thru the harness. Mounted the relays near the battery. Soldered , shrink-wrapped and loomed all connections and wires.
I'm thinking a write-up, complete with photos, is in order.

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade to Sylvania SilverStar H13 ST Headlights