Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone upgrade to Sylvania SilverStar H13 ST Headlights

Old 01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone upgrade to Sylvania SilverStar H13 ST Headlights

Looking for any feedback on these brighter headlights.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

yeah I got 'em
big difference!
Old 01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

i had them

the difference is in the color of the light

the light is whiter, hence it appears to be brighter, the light output is the same though
Old 01-06-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't really care about the color.... as long as I can see better and I'm not blinding the on-coming drivers. I miss the xeons in my bimmer at night.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea - I have them in both of my JKs and my son has them in his as well. A lot brighter then the factory bulbs. If you have fog lamps upgrade them as well; makes a big difference. You can pick them up at an auto parts store; save on shipping.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be the minority I guess. I did not see a big difference. Theoretically, there couldn't be since there is no increased wattage, just change in Kelvin temperature (whiter color). I saw it as a waste of $40 bucks. I have since upgraded to cibies and haven't looked back. I feel that some (no not everyone!) are just jumping on the band wagon with these bulbs.

:: Flame suit on::
Old 01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
I will be the minority I guess. I did not see a big difference. Theoretically, there couldn't be since there is no increased wattage, just change in Kelvin temperature (whiter color). I saw it as a waste of $40 bucks. I have since upgraded to cibies and haven't looked back. I feel that some (no not everyone!) are just jumping on the band wagon with these bulbs.

:: Flame suit on::
Where did you put the cibies? Are they headlight replacements or exterior mounted?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have them and I think they are brighter and put out more light. Some debate the theory part of things and then others go by the "seat of the pants" feel for things. In my case, I like 'em.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't found them to be so great. The overall appreciation in light output/visual experience was not worth the $40 in my opinion since you can get a kit of xenon bulbs and ballasts for about $100 online. The stretch between the 2 is well worth going. I know those lights are a taboo in the Jeep community but remember: you don't absolutely have to go with the kiddie racer blue look!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Got em...

before:

after:

before:

after:

I couldn't really tell a HUGE difference at first....but when I ride in my friend's JK with factory bulbs, I can really tell that the Silverstars are MUCH better.

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade to Sylvania SilverStar H13 ST Headlights