Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone upgrade 2012 RES radio w/non nav RBZ or REN?

Old 11-17-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone upgrade 2012 RES radio w/non nav RBZ or REN?

I'm looking to upgrade my RES to a non nav RBZ or REN, I currently have the connectivity group and satellite radio. Is this plug and play or am I going to need additional adapters to retain my uconnect and satellite radio?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SB2008
I'm looking to upgrade my RES to a non nav RBZ or REN, I currently have the connectivity group and satellite radio. Is this plug and play or am I going to need additional adapters to retain my uconnect and satellite radio?
I was told that upgrading from the RES to RHB was plug and play so I am guessing that it would be for you as well. The only hitch would be if the RBZ or REN has the uconnect built in. If that is the case you need to deal with the microphone not being plug and play.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SB2008
I just upgraded my RES with a RBZ. I have the connectivity group and satellite radio. No problems at all. Plug and play. Just make sure it is a 2011 or 2012 RBZ or REN and high bus. I got lucky and purchased mine from a guy on eBay who had just taken it out of his new Dodge Ram. Only thing I had to do was have service at the dealership flash it to the Jeep image as well as tie it in to my Jeep vin#....which now shows it as a dealer installed option and covered under my new Jeep warranty. I also added a LockPick and backup camera. Best mods I have made so far!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Can you tell me what Lock oil is and what you did to get the backup camera setup? I have a 2012 ruby with the 730N infinity system.

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade 2012 RES radio w/non nav RBZ or REN?