Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone make a cover for MyGig

Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone make a cover for MyGig

I just added a MyGig to my X and sometimes park on the street in Philly. Anyone design a cover or other type of disguise for the MyGig to prevent theft? I was thinking a blank panel or something to make it look like the face is removed.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuffy has a locking metal box so no one can steal it.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuffy is the only one...
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound a little "ghetto," but I usually just throw a t-shirt or sweatshirt on the dash and drape it down. Don't make it all neat and obvious though, cause then those skip skap scallywags will know something's underneath it. If you make it look like you just tossed a shirt in there, they'll think nothing of it.

If you have the funds, definitely go for the Tuffy. But if you're like me, trick the bastids.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody out there actually have the Tuffy? I've been considering that, but I wonder how secure it really is. Does it mount to some kind of metal frame, or is it something that someone can just rip right out of the dash board with a little muscle? Because I think the lock box might attract more attention than the stereo itself. It looks like there's definitely something worth stealing in there.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yomondo
Anybody out there actually have the Tuffy? I've been considering that, but I wonder how secure it really is. Does it mount to some kind of metal frame, or is it something that someone can just rip right out of the dash board with a little muscle? Because I think the lock box might attract more attention than the stereo itself. It looks like there's definitely something worth stealing in there.
Agreed, the picture of the Tuffy product also looks like it leaves metal channels on top of the dash. I am thinking some kind of simple blank panel that looks like a detachable face of a radio. Going to try it this weekend, will post if it looks decent.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Success. Posted pictures and writeup:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...44#post1365744

Quick Reply: Anyone make a cover for MyGig